Thursday, April 7, 2011

Live Blog- Breckenridge Spring Fever: Freestyle Happy Hours and a Roller Coaster


Today, DJs were spinning tunes, the smell of barbeque was in the air, and the party continued under a warm spring sun, while skiers and riders were jamming in the middle of Park Lane Terrain Park for the Spring Fever "5 'til 5" Terrain Park Happy Hours. The roar of the crowd occasionally drowned out the music after an awesome freestyle display, but the combination of tunes and freestyle jamming made for great party in the middle of the mountain.

Earlier it was more of an amusement park than a ski resort, as I rode the Gold Runner Coaster, at the base of Peak 8. Riding 2,500 feet of twisting and turning track on a sled where I controlled the speed was really good fun in hindsight (I forgot I get motion sick). It hardly slowed me down though as I rode my snowboard down as many peaks as I could, covering three peaks today.

While I covered a lot of ground, there's still more I want to do tomorrow. I'm just three points shy of the next level on my Epic Mix account, and I'm going back to push it over top.

Tomorrow Spring Fever in Breckenridge continues with a sidewalk sale that lasts all weekend. Deals abound as merchants unload their winter inventory before the ski season ends.

Check back over the weekend for highlights from my last day during Breckenridge Spring Fever.

Have a story from Spring Fever? Share it here.


No comments:

Post a Comment